With the onset of summer and shooting, mercury levels begin the search for healthy thirst quenchers. Exams are done, and the vacation brings a lot of outdoor activities and travel. Here is a time-tested recipe that can be served to young and old alike to refresh and rejuvenate. It is a wholesome drink full of crucial vitamins and natural sugar.
1. One cup deseeded chilled watermelon juice
2. One cup of diced watermelon cubes
3. Two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
4. One tender coconut water chilled overnight
5. Sprig of fresh mint leaves
6. 5 to 6 thin round slices of lemon
7. 1 inch crushed ginger
In a jug add the watermelon juice, tender coconut water, and lemon juice. Mix all the three well. To this add, crushed mint leaves, crushed ginger and slices of lemon. Now gently add the diced watermelon cubes and swirl gently.
Benefits of Ginger
1. reduces pain and inflammation
2. inhibits rhinovirus, which can cause the common cold.
3. inhibits such bacteria as Salmonella, which cause diarrhea
4. In the intestinal tract, it reduces gas and painful spasms.
5. prevents stomach ulcers caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
Benefits of Mint
1. proper digestion
2. weight loss
3. relief from nausea
5. fatigue and headache
6. treatment of asthma
7. skin care problems
8. well-known mouth and breath freshener
Power packed Watermelon Summer Cooler ready to enjoy. Let us guzzle down and beat the heat.